Tips for prevention of eye diseases in Siddha.
1. Take oil-bath at least twice a week.
2. Apply ghee on the soles, cover with rice bran and dress with cotton cloth at bed time, then wash with cold water in the morning and apply red sandal powder to maintain cool eyes.
3. Eat plenty of greens like Pannai Keerai (Celosia argentea), Chiru Keerai (Amaranthus tricolor), Ponnaan-kanni (Alternanthera sessilis), etc for maintenance of good health and vision.
4. Application of collyrium prevents most of the eye diseases and reduces phlegmatic vitiation.
Avoid the following:
1. Avoid strain to your eyes due to constant usage of mobile phones or other gadgets.
2. Avoid Exposure to fire, dust and fumes.
3. Control of natural urges
4. Application of collyrium after head bath and in rainy season.